Paraprofessional/Special Education Classroom Assistants - Phoenix, Arizona
Phoenix, AZ 19 days agoApply Now
Soliant has partnered with a local school district in Phoenix, Arizona to hire highly motivated Teacher's Assistants/Classroom Aides to work with students for the 2023/2024 school-year. Elementary Special Education classroom settings.
Monday - Friday (excluding school breaks and holidays) Full-time positions.
***These positions will remain open until it is filled. Flexibility on start date available if needed.
Paraprofessionals, also known as classroom aides or teacher assistants, play a crucial role in supporting teachers and students in various educational settings. Their job duties may vary, however here are some possible duties:
Assist with Instruction: Paraprofessionals often work closely with teachers to provide additional support during classroom instruction. This can involve helping students understand lesson materials, explaining concepts, and providing one-on-one or small group instruction.
Student Supervision: They are responsible for maintaining a safe and orderly classroom environment. This includes monitoring student behavior, ensuring compliance with classroom rules, and addressing disciplinary issues when necessary.
Individualized Support: Paraprofessionals may work with students who have special needs or disabilities. They help implement individualized education plans (IEPs) or 504 plans, provide accommodations, and offer support to ensure these students can fully participate in classroom activities.
Behavioral Support: Some paraprofessionals specialize in behavioral support, working with students who have behavioral challenges. They implement behavior intervention plans (BIPs), help manage and de-escalate disruptive behavior, and teach students social and emotional skills.
It's important to note that the specific duties of a paraprofessional can vary.
- Associates degree or higher is preferred
- Previous professional experience working with school aged children required
- Experience working with individuals with autism or other special needs is highly preferred
- Familiarity with Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) principles is a huge plus
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to make a positive impact on students' lives
- Ability to pass a background check and complete required onboarding
- Health, vision, and dental insurance available.
- 401k retirement plan with employer match.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Weekly pay, every Friday.
This is a full-time position, following the school calendar schedule.
Competitive and negotiable hourly rate will be determined based on experience of applicant. Applicant will not be paid when school is closed. Off on weekends, evenings and school holidays.
Hourly rate range: $18 - $26/hr
W2 contracted position for the 2023/2024 school-year through Soliant, with renewals available if desired.
For questions please Kateryna Kourliak at Soliant Education:
Email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement