Part-Time School Psychologist Position needed in Hamden, CT for 2022/2023 School Year
Hamden, CT 17 days agoApply Now
Qualified and Experienced School Psychologist needed for 2022-2023 school year in Hamden, CT
As one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing companies, we genuinely appreciate the opportunity to pair talented caregivers with the nation’s best hospitals/schools and healthcare providers in the positions that make a difference daily. Soliant Health is in search of a qualified and experienced School Psychologist for a part-time position in a school district in Hamden, CT.
The School Psychologist is directly responsible for the psychological assessment of academic, social, emotional, and behavioral domains utilizing problem-solving and standardized evaluations. The School Psychologist monitors the completion of case study evaluations and participates in Individual Education Plan (IEP) conferences and problem-solving meetings designing systems, programs and services that maximize students’ social, emotional, and educational success. In collaboration with staff, families, students, and communities the school psychologist promotes effective educational environments.
- Part-Time: 2 days a week
- Dates: 08/30/2022- 06/12/2023
- Caseload: more details given in interview
- Requires a Master’s Level Degree in School Psychology
- NASP certification
- Must have an active School Psychology State License
- Support of Transition program
- Teaching 3 Seminars: lessons in social skills
- Provide direct services to few students
- Conduct psychological assessments and interpret results for students and participate in IEP conferences, team meetings, and problem-solving meetings.
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy per IEP requirements.
- Monitor completion of case study evaluations and participate in IEP conferences and problem-solving meetings.
- Lead crisis intervention efforts and provide insight into the development of functional assessments and behavior intervention plans.
- Integrate psychological services into the classroom environment as appropriate.
- Aid staff in the design and implementation of appropriate interventions and accommodations for students.
- Evaluate and/or translate research into practice and understand research design and statistics in sufficient depth to plan and conduct investigations and program evaluations for improvement of services.
- Contribute to program development that furthers the integration of social, coping, and problem-solving in the classroom.
- Provide support services to parents/guardians as needed.
- Coordinate and/or collaborate with a range of individuals/agencies to promote and provide comprehensive services to students and families.
- Provide and/or assist in professional development for staff, parents, and/or community.
If you or anyone you know is interested in this position, please contact Amiea Summers directly at (678)-392-4685. For immediate consideration, email your updated resume to [email protected]. All applicants will be contacted within 24 hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement