Part Time Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Needed in Archbald, PA
Archbald, PA 9 days agoApply Now
Category Schools - Visually Impaired Teacher
Job Type Contract
Job Title: Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI)
Location: Archbald, PA
We are seeking a qualified and dedicated Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) to join our team in Archbald, PA. This is a part-time position with benefits, including competitive pay, advisory support, professional development opportunities, and renewal for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Provide specialized instruction and support to students with visual impairments to develop their academic, functional, and adaptive skills.
- Conduct assessments to evaluate students' visual abilities, functional vision, and learning needs.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with visual impairments, including strategies for accessing the general curriculum and accommodations/modifications as needed.
- Provide instruction in braille, orientation and mobility, use of assistive technology, and other skills necessary for independent living and academic success.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, school staff, parents, and other stakeholders to ensure the inclusion and participation of students with visual impairments in the general education environment.
- Provide consultation and support to teachers and other school staff on best practices for supporting students with visual impairments.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of student progress, assessments, and interventions.
- Stay current with research, best practices, and technology related to visual impairment and special education.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Special Education with a focus on visual impairment, or a related field.
- Current licensure or certification as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired in Pennsylvania.
- Experience working with students who are visually impaired.
- Knowledge of braille and other specialized instructional methods for students with visual impairments.
- Familiarity with assistive technology and other tools used by students with visual impairments.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications.
- Advisory support and mentorship for professional growth.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Renewal for the 2023-2024 school year.
National Hiring Manager
To Submit Your Resume Click Here
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement