Physical Therapist in Williamson, WV( 23/24 school year, FULL-TIME)
Williamson, WV 5 days agoApply Now
Position: Physical Therapist (School System)
Location: Williamson, WV
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Our school system in Williamson, WV is seeking a dedicated and experienced Physical Therapist to join our team of professionals, providing exceptional physical therapy services to students ranging from PreK to age 22 within our school system. This full-time itinerant position offers an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children while working in a dynamic and collaborative educational environment.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations to assess students' motor skills, mobility, strength, balance, and functional abilities.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans based on assessment results and students' specific needs.
- Provide direct physical therapy services to students, addressing areas such as gross motor skills, coordination, posture, gait, and activities of daily living.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other members of the educational team to support students' participation and success in the educational setting.
- Adapt and modify classroom environments and activities to promote optimal motor function and independence for students with physical challenges.
- Provide consultative services to teachers and other professionals to facilitate the integration of therapy goals into the educational curriculum.
- Monitor and document students' progress, adjusting treatment plans as necessary, and maintaining accurate records of therapy sessions and student outcomes.
- Participate in IEP (Individualized Education Program) meetings, contributing to the development and implementation of students' educational plans.
- Stay current with the latest research, trends, and best practices in the field of physical therapy.
- Master's degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Valid West Virginia state licensure (or eligibility) as a Physical Therapist.
- Previous experience working with pediatric populations, preferably in a school-based setting.
- Strong knowledge of assessment tools, therapy techniques, and intervention strategies for addressing motor function and mobility challenges.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel between school sites within the district.
If you are a motivated and passionate Physical Therapist looking to make a difference in the lives of our students, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Account Executive| Soliant Health
470-286-1096| [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement