Physical Therapist - School Setting - Apply Today for the 23/24 School Year
Arlington , MA 13 days agoApply Now
School Physical Therapist
Location: Arlington, MA
Position Type: Full-time (2023-2024 School Year)
Company Overview: We are a highly respected educational institution in Arlington, MA, committed to providing comprehensive support and exceptional learning experiences to our students. As part of our commitment to fostering a nurturing and inclusive environment, we are seeking a dedicated and skilled School Physical Therapist to join our team.
Job Description: As a School Physical Therapist, you will play a crucial role in promoting the overall well-being and academic success of our students. You will be responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating students with physical disabilities or injuries that impact their ability to participate fully in the educational setting. Collaboration with other professionals, such as teachers, parents, and occupational therapists, will be essential to create comprehensive treatment plans that address each student's unique needs.
- Conduct thorough evaluations of students' physical abilities and limitations.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans to address students' physical therapy needs.
- Provide direct physical therapy services to students, including therapeutic exercises, mobility training, and use of assistive devices.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to ensure the integration of therapy goals into the student's educational program.
- Monitor and document student progress, adjusting treatment plans as necessary.
- Educate and train teachers, parents, and caregivers on strategies to support students' physical development and functional skills.
- Participate in IEP meetings and provide input regarding students' therapy needs and progress.
- Valid state licensure as a Physical Therapist in Massachusetts.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Experience working with children and adolescents in a school or pediatric setting is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of pediatric physical therapy techniques and interventions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with students, parents, and multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage a caseload effectively.
- Commitment to professional development and staying updated on the latest research and best practices in school-based physical therapy.
- Vision, medical, and dental options.
- 401(k) match for retirement savings.
- Competitive wages commensurate with experience.
- Weekly pay schedule.
- Professional development support to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Advisory advocacy to ensure your voice is heard and valued.
Application Instructions: If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students and meet the qualifications outlined above, we encourage you to apply. Please email your resume to Nicole Forgette HERE for consideration.
Click here to apply
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement