A school district located near Portland, Oregon is looking for a full-time school psychologist. General school psychologist duties, but this role is heavy in direct student services. Candidate would be itinerant to several campuses in close proximity, providing counseling, crisis support and consulting. 2 years of schools experience is preferred, but district is open to new graduates with great internship experience. Candidate must be licensed in Oregon as a school psychologist.
- Full-time. M-F.
- 37.5-40 hours/week.
- Must be an OR licensed school psychologist.
- Caseload: Elementary school.
- Virtual interview process.
Basic Job Duties:
- Conduct psychological assessments and interpret results for students and participate in IEP conferences, team meetings, and problem-solving meetings.
- Provide individual, group, therapy per IEP requirements and emergency needs.
- Monitor completion of case study evaluations and participate in IEP conferences and problem solving meetings.
- Lead crisis intervention efforts and provide insight into the development of functional assessments and behavior intervention plans.
- Integrate psychological services into the classroom environment as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to staff in the design and implementation of appropriate interventions and accommodations for students.
- Evaluate and/or translate research into practice and understand research design and statistics in sufficient depth to plan and conduct investigations and program evaluations for improvement of services.
- Contribute to program development that furthers the integration of social, coping, and problem solving in the classroom.
- Provide support services to parents/guardians as needed.
- Coordinate and/or collaborate with a range of individuals/agencies to promote and provide comprehensive services to students and families.
- Provide and/or assist in professional development for staff, parents, and/or community.
- Proficiently use technology to communicate, compile reports, and collect data.
- Participate in building or program activities and meetings as appropriate.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match.
For more information, apply below or contact Joe Gensler at 678-497-4757 / [email protected] for immediate consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement