Preschool to Early Elementary Speech-Language Pathologist, Naugatuck, CT
Naugatuck, CT 5 days agoApply Now
Category Schools - SLP
Job Type Contract
Are you a Speech-Language Pathologist who is passionate about working with children just getting their bearings in a school setting? If so, Soliant has the perfect contract position for you.
We've partnered with a small school district that is needing an SLP to cover students in preschool (3- and 4-year-olds), and 1st and 2nd graders.
Primary responsibilities as follows:
- Assess students referred for possible speech and language needs.
- Provide individual and/or group therapy sessions for students with identified speech and language disorders.
- Develop individualized education plans and present them to parents, school administrators, and others involved with student evaluations.
- Consult with teachers, counselors, parents, nurses, and administrators on speech and language concerns.
- Maintain accurate records for all students on the caseload.
- Provide reports of a student’s progress to parents.
- Organize student caseload and develop a schedule for each assigned school.
- Develop resource materials for use in speech and language development.
We seek candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication
- Solid organization
- Up-to-date knowledge of Connecticut Special Education procedures and best practices for SLPs in school settings
- Professionalism and accountability
- Connecticut SLP license
- SLP certificate from the Department of Education
Sound like a good opportunity? Apply today by using the form below, or contact Monica Guu with questions at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement