Category Schools - RN Nurse
Job Type Contract
Soliant is seeking a skilled and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to join our educational institution as a contracted School Nurse for the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year. This position is based in Washington State and offers an excellent opportunity to make a positive impact on the health and well-being of students in our school community.
Position: School Nurse (Contracted Position)
Location: Washington State
- Provide comprehensive nursing care and health services to students in accordance with state laws, school policies, and professional standards.
- Conduct health assessments, screenings, and immunization reviews to ensure compliance with state requirements.
- Administer medication, treatments, and first aid as necessary, maintaining accurate records and following established protocols.
- Develop and implement individualized health plans for students with specific medical needs or chronic conditions.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, parents, and healthcare providers to create a supportive and safe environment for students.
- Educate students, families, and staff on health-related topics, including preventive care, nutrition, and hygiene practices.
- Respond to medical emergencies, accidents, and illnesses occurring during school hours, ensuring appropriate interventions and follow-up actions.
- Maintain confidential student health records and documentation in accordance with legal and professional standards.
- Stay updated on current health trends, practices, and regulations relevant to school nursing.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Washington.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree preferred, but an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience, preferably in a pediatric, school, or community health setting.
- Knowledge of Washington State laws and regulations pertaining to school health services.
- Proficient in conducting health assessments, screenings, and administering medications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with students, parents, staff, and healthcare professionals.
- Ability to remain calm and handle emergencies in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining confidentiality and ensuring the privacy of student health records.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Contract period: 2023-2024 school year
- Compensation and benefits will be discussed during the interview process.
- The contracted position is expected to work in alignment with the school calendar, following the regular school hours and breaks.
For more questions regarding this position please email [email protected]
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement