Retail Pharmacy Technician Position in Carson City, NV
Carson City, Nevada Posted 4 days agoApply Now
Pharmacy Technician positions in the Carson City, NV area. Soliant is looking to hire for a Retail Pharmacy Technician position. This is for a full-time position, contract, but might me extended based on client needs.
-1+ yr of Pharmacy Tech Experience in a retail setting
-Active/Clear NV license
-Previous high volume retail
-Great work ethic
For additional information, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 561-712-5562
In a retail setting the technician is the first person a patient will speak with as they drop off their prescription. Sometimes prescriptions are collected by phone directly from the physician’s office or through special applications and email. The billing information is also taken at this point in the process. Once the information written on the prescription is entered into the computer, the technician will pull the medication from the shelf and dispense it. In most cases they will pull tablets or capsules, but sometimes the patient will need injectable medications, topical creams or oral liquids.
• Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
• Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
• Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
• Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions. Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
• Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments. Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To apply, send resume to:
Senior Recruiter/Account Executive
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement
Browse Similar Jobs
Day Shift Hospital Pharmacist - Temp-to-hireGrand Rapids, MI
Soliant Health is looking for a qualified Inpatient Pharmacist near Grand Rapids for a full-time...
PRN Pharmacist JobLansing, MI
PRN Pharmacist Job Opening! Soliant Health has partnered with a national health care provider in...