School-based Occupational Therapist Job in Santa Clarita, California - ASAP Start
Santa Clarita, CA 5 days agoApply Now
Job Title: School-Based Occupational Therapist
Location: Santa Clarita, California
Job Type: Full-time
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our school-based team in Santa Clarita, California. Our organization is dedicated to providing high-quality occupational therapy services to children in the school setting.
As an occupational therapist (OT) working with an elementary caseload, your primary responsibility is to support students in their development of the skills needed to participate fully in school activities. Your focus will be on developing fine motor skills, visual perceptual skills, and sensory processing skills, as well as addressing any other functional difficulties that may be affecting a student's academic performance.
- K-6 caseload
- asap - June 4th - with a high chance of renewal
- Conduct evaluations to identify fine motor, sensory processing, and visual perceptual disorders in children.
- Develop and implement treatment plans to address occupational therapy issues.
- Provide therapy services to children in individual or group settings in the school setting.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive care.
- Keep accurate records of student progress and treatment plans.
- Communicate with families and caregivers to provide education and support.
- Attend regular meetings with school staff and continuing education opportunities to stay up-to-date on best practices.
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program.
- Active California State licensure in Occupational Therapy.
- Experience working in a school-based setting is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Our organization is committed to professional development and offers continuing education opportunities to stay up-to-date on best practices. If you are passionate about helping children improve their occupational skills and want to join our team, please apply today!
Please note that the start date for this position is ASAP. We are seeking a candidate who is available to begin working as soon as possible.
If you meet the qualifications listed in the job posting and are able to start immediately, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please reach out directly to [email protected] or apply below.
Thank you so much!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement