School Based Occupational Therapist or Occupational Assistant - Now Hiring!
Wauconda, IL 15 days agoApply Now
We are seeking a highly motivated School-Based Occupational Therapist/OTA to join our team in Wauconda, Illinois. The successful candidate will work with students in our school district to support their fine motor skills and meet their individualized education plan (IEP) goals.
The caseload for this position is to be determined based on whether it is a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) or an Occupational Therapist (OT). An OT would be responsible for evaluations and servicing students, while a COTA would service students as "overflow" for our current D118 OTs.
The School-Based Occupational Therapist/OTA will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting evaluations and assessments to determine a student's fine motor skills and developing an appropriate treatment plan
- Developing lesson plans and implementing therapy sessions to meet each student's specific goals
- Taking data and tracking progress to ensure that goals are being met
- Collaborating with other members of the student's IEP team to develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care
- Providing emergency coverage for an OT when needed, including attending IEP meetings
- Must hold a valid Occupational Therapy license in the state of Illinois
- Must have experience working in a school-based setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
If you are a dedicated and enthusiastic School-Based Occupational Therapist/OTA looking for a new challenge, we encourage you to apply for this position.
To apply for this School-Based Occupational Therapist/OTA position in Wauconda, Illinois, please submit your resume and cover letter to Hannah Lugo at [email protected] or call 770-776-2083 for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement