Soliant Schools is working closely with a school near Auburn, California that is looking for an Educational American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter to join their team. The ideal candidate a valid certification from the RID; or an EIPA score of 4.0 or higher. They are looking to interview and hire quickly!
The principal function of a sign language interpreter is to perform sign language interpretation in the classroom to facilitate communication between deaf and hard of hearing students, and between hearing teachers and students. The work is performed under the supervision of a designated Lead Interpreter or school site Principal. The main objective is to help equalize the classroom environment for the deaf student to enhance learning abilities and educational opportunities. The principal duties of this class are performed on-site, in a classroom environment.
If this position sounds like a good match for you, send an updated professional resume to Jessica Williams ([email protected])!
- American Sign Language (ASL) or other required sign language systems, including appropriate signs, vocabulary and cultural or regional variations.
- Cultural customs and boundaries related to deaf and hearing interactions.
- EIPA minimum score 4.0
- Registry of Interpreters of the Deaf (RID) Certification
- Voices for the hearing teacher and students from the sign language system used by the deaf or hard of hearing students.
- Interprets/transliterates spoken English into ASL or another visual/manual communication system for deaf or hard of hearing students.
- Conforms to the strict Code of Ethics for the profession of Sign Language Interpreting EIPA - NAIE
- Advocates for the deaf or hard of hearing students without impeding or restricting the school experience.
- Assists in IEP's as related to interpreting for the students.
- Maintains student and district confidentiality.
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with District policies, procedures, and safety practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Full-time Position (Monday-Friday, 8am-3pm)
- On-site, W-2 contractor position
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
For more information on this position, contact Jessica Williams at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement