Soliant is accepting applications for a contract Speech-Language Pathologist position in Lexington, VA.
- Full-time SLPs preferred but part-time applicants will be considered
- Preschool to high school caseloads available
- Details about caseloads, the department, and the special education team to be discussed during an interview with administrators.
As a Speech-Language Pathologist, applicants will have the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Assess student communication skills (e.g. articulation, fluency, voice, expressive and receptive language, etc.), identify communication disorders, and determine program eligibility
- Coordinate meetings (e.g. testing/screening, Individual Education Plans (IEPs), parent conferences) to present evaluation results, develop treatment plans, and/or provide training to parents/students/staff.
- Instruct support staff in the use of assistive devices or feeding techniques, or oversee the implementation of treatment plans
- Orient students who use communication technologies (e.g. hearing aids, FM systems, augmentative communication devices, etc.) to support classroom learning
- Prepare a wide variety of written materials (e.g. activity logs, correspondence, memos, treatment plans, Medicaid billings, reports, required documentation, etc.) to document treatment progress and/or conveying information.
- Respond to inquiries (e.g. from parents, teachers, staff, students, etc.)
- Submit Medicaid billings for the purpose of conforming to established District policies and requirements.
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communications Disorders
- Eligibility for a Virginia SLP license.
In addition to working with you during your placement process, Soliant contracts boast competitive benefits. Please contact Monica Guu, hiring co-ordinator, with inquiries at [email protected] or (770) 723-3774
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement