School-based Speech Language Pathologist Needed for 23/24 School Year near Roanoke, Virginia
Roanoke, VA 14 days agoApply Now
Job Title: School-Based Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
Location: near Roanoke, Virginia
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team near Roanoke, Virginia. This is a school-based position, and the successful candidate will work closely with students to improve their speech and language skills. This position will be for the full 23-24 school year.
- 2 days per week
- Accepting SLP-CCC & SLP-CFY
- Preschool & elementary caseload
- Conduct speech and language assessments to identify students' strengths and areas for improvement
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on each student's individual needs and goals
- School-based or pediatric experience preferred but not required
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions to improve articulation, language comprehension, and communication skills
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other healthcare professionals to provide the best possible care for each student
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of therapy sessions, progress reports, and treatment plans
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and workshops to stay informed of the latest therapy techniques and best practices
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program
- Current state licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist in Virginia
- Previous school-based or pediatric experience preferred
- Experience with a variety of treatment approaches and modalities, including AAC, PROMPT, and social communication interventions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals, teachers, and parents
- Ability to maintain accurate and organized records, manage time effectively, and prioritize tasks
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and continuing education opportunities. The specific schedule and location of services will be determined in collaboration with the school district.
If you are passionate about helping students improve their speech and language skills and meet the qualifications listed above, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
To be immediately considered for this position, please send your resume to [email protected]. Interviews are being scheduled now, so please apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement