School-based Speech Language Pathologist Needed for School Year in Sacramento, California
Sacramento, CA 4 days agoApply Now
Job Title: School-Based Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
Location: Sacramento, California
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team in Sacramento, California. This is a school-based position, and the successful candidate will work closely with students to improve their speech and language skills. This position is for the full upcoming school year.
- Full upcoming school year
- Various caseloads available, please provide your age group preference
- Experience with AAC devices is a plus
- Conduct speech and language assessments to identify students' strengths and areas for improvement
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on each student's individual needs and goals
- School-based or pediatric experience preferred but not required
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions to improve articulation, language comprehension, and communication skills
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other healthcare professionals to provide the best possible care for each student
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of therapy sessions, progress reports, and treatment plans
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and workshops to stay informed of the latest therapy techniques and best practices
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program
- Active California Speech-Language Pathology License
- Previous school-based or pediatric experience preferred
- Experience with a variety of treatment approaches and modalities, including AAC, PROMPT, and social communication interventions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals, teachers, and parents
- Ability to maintain accurate and organized records, manage time effectively, and prioritize tasks
Working as a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) can offer several advantages. Here are some key benefits:
Impacting Children's Lives: School-based SLPs have the opportunity to make a significant impact on children's lives by helping them overcome speech, language, and communication difficulties. You can play a vital role in improving their academic, social, and emotional development.
Regular Schedule: School-based SLPs typically work on a fixed schedule aligned with the school year, allowing for predictable work hours. This consistency can be beneficial for maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Variety of Caseloads: School-based SLPs work with a diverse range of students, each with unique communication needs. This variety provides a rich and rewarding professional experience, as you get to work with children of different ages, abilities, and cultural backgrounds.
School Holidays and Summers Off: One notable advantage of working in a school setting is the alignment with the academic calendar. School-based SLPs typically enjoy holidays and summer vacations, which can provide valuable time for personal pursuits, relaxation, and rejuvenation.
Continuity of Care: In a school-based setting, SLPs have the advantage of continuous contact with students over an extended period. This allows for long-term assessment, intervention, and progress monitoring, ensuring a holistic and consistent approach to therapy.
Professional Support Network: Schools often offer a supportive network of colleagues, including other SLPs, special educators, and related service providers. This network provides opportunities for collaboration, mentorship, and sharing best practices.
Advantages can vary depending on the specific school, district, and individual circumstances. Please reach out to Allie for more details on this specific opening!
To be immediately considered for this position, please send your resume to [email protected]. Interviews are being scheduled now, so please apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement