District director will interview immediately.
A school district located near Santa Paula, California is looking for a full-time school psychologist. This position is currently open to on-site candidates only. General school psychologist duties, including assessments, reporting and light counseling. Candidate would be at a single elementary school, but could be called to other schools in close proximity to counsel. 2 years of schools experience is preferred, but district is open to new graduates with great internship experience. Candidate must be licensed in California as a school psychologist and have current Pupil Personnel Services credential.
- Full-time. M-F. 40 hours/week.
- Must be a CA licensed school Psychologist.
- Valid CA PPS credential required.
- Caseload: Elementary school.
- Virtual interview process.
Basic Job Duties:
- Conduct psychological assessments and interpret results for students and participate in IEP conferences, team meetings, and problem-solving meetings.
- Provide individual, group, therapy per IEP requirements.
- Monitor completion of case study evaluations and participate in IEP conferences and problem solving meetings.
- Lead crisis intervention efforts and provide insight into the development of functional assessments and behavior intervention plans.
- Integrate psychological services into the classroom environment as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to staff in the design and implementation of appropriate interventions and accommodations for students.
- Evaluate and/or translate research into practice and understand research design and statistics in sufficient depth to plan and conduct investigations and program evaluations for improvement of services.
- Contribute to program development that furthers the integration of social, coping, and problem solving in the classroom.
- Provide support services to parents/guardians as needed.
- Coordinate and/or collaborate with a range of individuals/agencies to promote and provide comprehensive services to students and families.
- Provide and/or assist in professional development for staff, parents, and/or community.
- Proficiently use technology to communicate, compile reports, and collect data.
- Participate in building or program activities and meetings as appropriate.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match.
For more information, apply below or contact Joe Gensler at 678-497-4757 / [email protected] for immediate consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement