Soliant is seeking a dedicated and experienced School Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) to join our educational team for the summer and the upcoming 2023/2024 school year. As an SLI, you will provide support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, facilitating communication between students, teachers, and staff. This is a contracted position that offers an excellent opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students within our inclusive school community.
- Provide sign language interpretation and transliteration services to students who are deaf or hard of hearing in various educational settings, including classrooms, extracurricular activities, and school events.
- Ensure effective communication between students, teachers, and staff, promoting inclusion and equal access to educational resources.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other professionals to support individualized education plans (IEPs) and student learning objectives.
- Adapt interpretation techniques to accommodate individual student needs and preferences.
- Foster a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment for students, encouraging their social and academic growth.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to professional ethics and standards in all interactions.
- Hold a valid Illinois State Board of Education Professional Educator License (PEL) with a Sign Language Interpreter endorsement or an ILTS Sign Language Interpreter Approval.
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Sign Language Interpreting, Deaf Education, or a related field.
- Certification from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) and knowledge of Deaf culture.
- Previous experience working as a Sign Language Interpreter in an educational setting is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities to handle multiple assignments and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment and adapt to the needs of diverse learners.
- Must pass a background check and any other screening requirements as per state and school policies.
- Contract period: Summer and 2023/2024 school year (specific start and end dates to be determined).
- Hours: As per school calendar and instructional schedule full-time, Monday to Friday).
- Compensation: Competitive hourly rate commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For immediate consideration candidates are invited to submit their resume [email protected] Please indicate "Contracted School SLI Application" in the subject line.. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For questions and concerns please contact [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement