School Sign Language Interpreter 2023-2024 Sacramento, California
Sacramento , CA 20 days agoApply Now
Category Schools - Sign Language Interpreter
Job Type Contract
Soliant is currently seeking a highly qualified and motivated Contracted School Sign Language Interpreter to provide interpretation and communication support for students who are deaf or hard of hearing. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with teachers, administrators, and other support staff to ensure effective communication and equal access to educational opportunities for our students.
- Provide sign language interpretation services in various educational settings, including classrooms, assemblies, meetings, and extracurricular activities.
- Facilitate communication between students who are deaf or hard of hearing and their peers, teachers, and staff members.
- Interpret spoken language into American Sign Language (ASL) and vice versa, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and cultural sensitivity.
- Assist with the preparation and adaptation of educational materials to meet the specific needs of students with hearing impairments.
- Collaborate with teachers and support staff to develop strategies and accommodations that enhance the learning experience of students.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards in accordance with the school's policies and guidelines.
- Attend professional development sessions and workshops to enhance sign language skills and stay updated on current best practices in the field.
- Certified Sign Language Interpreter (RID certification or equivalent).
- Proficient in American Sign Language (ASL) and knowledgeable about Deaf culture.
- Prior experience working as a school sign language interpreter is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, teachers, and staff members.
- Demonstrated understanding of educational systems and the needs of students with hearing impairments.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Adherence to professional and ethical standards in the field of sign language interpretation.
- Flexibility and adaptability in working in diverse educational environments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workplace. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For questions and concerns please contact [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement