If you are a dedicated and compassionate Speech-Language Pathology Assistant looking to make a difference in students' lives, we would love to hear from you!
Job: Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
Start/End Date: August 16, 2023 – June 6, 2024
Hours Per Week (excluding lunch breaks): Full-Time, 6 Hours per Day, Monday to Friday
We are currently seeking a qualified Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) for a full-time position for the 2023-2024 school year. As an SLPA, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse caseload across various sites within the district. The ages of the students range from Pre-K through Post-Secondary, providing you with a rewarding and challenging experience.
- Collaborate with Speech-Language Pathologists to implement therapeutic interventions and strategies as outlined in students' Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Conduct individual and group therapy sessions to address speech and language goals.
- Assist in the assessment and evaluation of students' communication skills.
- Provide support and assistance to students with speech and language needs during classroom activities.
- Help develop and implement augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems for students as required.
- Monitor and document student progress and maintain accurate records of therapy sessions.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to support students' speech and language goals within the classroom setting.
- Participate in team meetings, IEP meetings, and other school-related meetings as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders or related field.
- Valid Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) license or certification.
- Previous experience working as an SLPA in a school setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of evidence-based speech and language therapy techniques and interventions.
- Familiarity with AAC systems and devices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other team members.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize workload.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with students of different ages and abilities.
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience.
- Guaranteed hours and Benefits.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment and staffing team.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Contract position for the 2023-2024 school year.
Please submit your resume, and any other relevant documents for consideration. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged.
Apply here or please email your resume to [email protected]
Janah Zabala | Ph: 678-327-0996
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement