Science Teacher (Alternative Learning: Grades 8-12) | West St Paul, MN
West St Paul, MN 6 days agoApply Now
Science Teacher Alternative Learning, Grades 8-12
Location: West St Paul, Minnesota
Our school district is conducting interviews to hire a Science Teacher for the Alternative Learning Program. In this position, one contributes to setting a positive example for students and promoting respect, communication, and competency in both academic and social contexts. This position will last through the 2022-2023 school year, continuing the contract for the next school year. Every day, the teacher will engage in an environment where collaboration, openness, and adaptability are essential to the success of the student, the team, and the school.
- A bachelor’s degree with coursework in education or a related field and a current teaching license from the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE)/Professional Educators Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) in 5-12 Science in any area, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of education principles, practices, and procedures; thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching; proficiency in the core educational subject area.
- Previous teaching experience is preferred, but recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with at-risk youth.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication. Primary computer and email skills.
- Full-Time: 40 hours/week
- Work hours: 7:15 AM to 3:15 PM
- Start Date: ASAP
- End date: June 9, 2023 (With a continuing contract for the following school year.)
- Grades: 8-12
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Matching 401k
- Guaranteed Hours
- Hourly Pay Rate (Competitive)
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Credential-Fee Reimbursement
- Relocation Compensation
Please apply below with your updated resume to be contacted for a preliminary phone interview. For eager submissions or any questions, contact our Senior Hiring Manager directly by email or phone listed below.
Amanda Buckles | Sr. Hiring Manager
Phone: (770) 557-3231
Email: Click Amanda Buckles
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement