Location: Pittsfield, MA School: K-12 Employment Type: Full Time School Year: 2023-2024
Job Description: We are seeking a qualified and enthusiastic Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year in Pittsfield, MA. As an SLPA, you will work under the supervision of a licensed speech-language pathologist to provide speech and language services to students in a K-12 educational setting. This is a full-time position.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in implementing speech and language therapy plans for students with communication disorders.
- Conduct individual or small group therapy sessions to address students' speech and language goals.
- Support students in improving their articulation, fluency, voice, and language skills.
- Use appropriate therapy techniques and materials to engage and motivate students.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to implement strategies and interventions that support students' communication needs.
- Maintain accurate documentation of therapy sessions, progress, and goals.
- Participate in team meetings, IEP meetings, and other collaborative activities as needed.
- Stay updated on current research and best practices in speech-language pathology.
- Bachelor's degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Disorders.
- Preference will be given to candidates with SLPA certification or licensure.
- Candidates licensed outside of Massachusetts will be considered, but must be able to apply for reciprocity.
- Experience working with school-aged children, particularly in a K-12 educational setting, is desirable.
- Knowledge of speech and language disorders and familiarity with therapeutic techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
If you are a dedicated and qualified SLPA looking to make a positive impact on students' communication skills, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any supporting documentation through the designated application process.
Office: (678) 451-1025
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement