Position Type: Full-Time
Caseload: Early Childhood (TK-3)
Classroom Type: Self-contained, Cross-categorical
Student Count: Less than 10 students
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) tailored to early childhood development.
- Assess students' strengths and areas of improvement using various assessment tools and methods.
- Plan and deliver appropriate lessons and activities to meet the unique needs of each student.
- Adapt instructional strategies, materials, and resources to accommodate diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Collaborate with other educators, therapists, and parents to create a comprehensive support system for students.
- Monitor and track student progress, providing ongoing feedback and support.
- Create a positive and inclusive classroom environment that fosters social-emotional development.
- Effectively use assistive technology and adaptive equipment to support student learning.
- Attend professional development sessions and stay updated on the latest research and best practices in early childhood special education.
- Maintain accurate and organized records, including progress reports and IEP documentation.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Special Education or Early Childhood Education.
- Valid teaching certification/license in Early Childhood Special Education.
- Experience working with young children with special needs, preferably in an early childhood setting.
- Strong knowledge of early childhood development and evidence-based instructional strategies.
- Familiarity with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and the ability to develop and implement them effectively.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with students, parents, and a multidisciplinary team.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment.
- Familiarity with assistive technology and adaptive equipment used in early childhood special education.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Tax-free stipends available to those who qualify
Upon submitting your application, please contact Lucy Malone at (678) 459-1104 for next steps. You can also reach out via email at [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement