Category Schools - Special Education Teacher
Job Type Contract
Job Description: We are currently seeking a dedicated and qualified Special Education Teacher to join our team for the 2023-24 school year, in Barre, VT. In this role, you will be responsible for providing specialized instruction and support to a caseload of 17-20 students with diverse learning needs. As a Special Education Teacher, you will collaborate with students, parents, and other educators to create an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs, in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Provide specialized instruction and support to address students' unique learning goals and challenges.
- Adapt and modify curriculum materials to meet the individual needs of students.
- Assess and monitor students' progress, adjusting instructional strategies as necessary.
- Collaborate with general education teachers to support the inclusion of students with special needs in the general education classroom.
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians to provide updates on students' progress and discuss their individual needs.
- Conduct and participate in IEP meetings and multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Collaborate with other professionals, such as speech therapists and occupational therapists, to provide a comprehensive and integrated approach to student support.
- Implement behavioral management strategies and interventions to promote a positive and supportive learning environment.
- Stay up-to-date on best practices and research in special education, and continue professional development.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Special Education or a related field.
- Valid state certification or licensure in Special Education.
- Previous experience working as a Special Education Teacher or in a similar role is preferred.
- Knowledge of special education laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Ability to develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy, and a passion for working with students with diverse learning needs.
- Organizational skills to manage a caseload of students effectively.
If interested in applying, please submit your resume by clicking here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement