Special Education Teacher Opening Near Atlanta, GA | Full School Year
Atlanta, GA 16 days agoApply Now
Soliant is actively seeking passionate Special Education Teachers to join a reputable school district near Atlanta, Georgia. This full-time opportunity is ideal for educators with experience in MOID (Moderate Intellectual Disabled) and Autism classrooms. If you possess an active Georgia teaching license with Special Education Certification and are eager to make a difference in the lives of students, we invite you to apply. These positions are available ASAP and continue through May 23, 2024, providing stability and the chance to positively impact the education of K-12th-grade students with diverse needs.
- Create and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with moderate intellectual disabilities (MOID) and Autism in self-contained and inclusive settings.
- Utilize effective teaching strategies and adapted curriculum to address the unique learning needs of students.
- Provide differentiated instruction and support to help students achieve their academic and functional goals.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including speech therapists, occupational therapists, and behavior specialists, to develop and execute comprehensive educational plans.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress and IEP goals, ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes social and emotional growth.
- Participate in IEP meetings and communicate effectively with parents and caregivers.
- Implement behavior management strategies and interventions to support students with Autism.
- Adapt teaching materials and resources to accommodate students with diverse abilities.
- Work across various grade levels within the district, addressing vacancies as needed.
- Active Georgia teaching license with Special Education Certification.
- Adapted certification is required for candidates interested in Autism self-contained and MOID classrooms.
- Willingness to take the GACE assessments on assignment if the adapted certification is not already held.
- Strong commitment to providing high-quality education and support to students with special needs.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and be available for the duration of the assignment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Knowledge of special education laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with students across different grade levels and abilities.
- Previous experience working in special education, particularly with MOID and Autism students, is highly preferred.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this position, or any other positions you see on the Soliant Health website.
Account Executive | Soliant Health
470.299.1183 | [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement