Job Position: Special Education Teacher
Location: Mountain View, CA
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent Hire
Duration: 2023-2024 school year
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Special Education Teacher to join a partnered school district full time for the 2023-2024 school year in Mountain View, CA. As a Special Education Teacher, you will play a critical role in supporting and fostering the academic and social development of students with special needs. You will work closely with students, parents, and fellow educators to provide individualized instruction and create an inclusive and supportive learning environment. Salary will be based on level of experience and education.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs.
- Assess students' abilities and design appropriate instructional strategies to meet their unique learning goals.
- Provide direct instruction to students using a variety of teaching methods and instructional materials.
- Modify curriculum and assignments to accommodate students with different learning styles and abilities.
- Collaborate with general education teachers and other specialists to ensure that students receive comprehensive support.
- Monitor and track students' progress, and adjust instructional strategies as necessary.
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians to provide updates on students' performance and address any concerns.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes student engagement and self-confidence.
- Collaborate with colleagues to participate in professional development activities and stay updated on best practices in special education.
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Valid California teaching credential in Special Education.
- Experience working with students with special needs, particularly in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of special education laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Patience, flexibility, and a genuine passion for working with students with special needs.
If you are interested in being considered for this role please submit your resume here and feel free to call or text (813) 358-5747 for an immediate response. We look forward to hearing from you!
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement