Category Schools - Special Education Teacher
Job Type Contract
Special needs teachers are responsible for providing the appropriate accommodations and modifications to the set curriculum for their students. You'll instruct students who have mental, emotional, physical, or learning disabilities.
- W2 contract position
- ESY dates: 06/05 - 06/29
- Schedule: Monday- Wednesday or Tuesday - Thursday
- Competitive pay: starting at $40 per hour
- Identifies the students needs and develops related lesson and teaching plans.
- Develops an integrated plan for the education of each child by collaborating with classroom teachers, parents, psychologists, social workers, and other medical and school staff.
- Develops individualized education programs (IEPs) for each student, setting learning goals and adopting modifications as necessary; ensures each students activities and lessons are planned and organized according to his/her abilities.
- Develops and teaches lessons that provide engaging learning opportunities for small groups and individual students while meeting required specifications of IEPs and 504 plans.
- Director would like to provide more information during the interview.
- Candidates must have an active LSBI or LSBII license
- Active PEL
- Must be able to commit to the summer dates.
- Bachelor's degree in education
Email Lindsey or text 770-882-2045
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement