Position: Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant(School)
Location: Yuma, AZ
Employment Type: Full-time (23/24 School Year)
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Speech Language Pathologist Assistant to join our school system in Yuma, Arizona. As a Speech Language Pathologist Assistant, you will work closely with our team of speech-language pathologists to provide essential support and assistance to students with communication and language disorders.
- Collaborate with speech-language pathologists to implement individualized treatment plans for students with communication and language disorders.
- Assist in the assessment and evaluation of students' speech and language abilities.
- Provide direct therapeutic interventions to students under the supervision and guidance of a licensed speech-language pathologist.
- Conduct group therapy sessions and facilitate communication exercises to improve students' speech and language skills.
- Assist in the development and implementation of augmentative and alternative communication systems.
- Document and maintain accurate records of students' progress, treatment plans, and intervention outcomes.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other educational professionals to ensure effective communication strategies and carryover of therapy goals in the classroom and home settings.
- Attend team meetings, contribute to the development of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), and provide input regarding students' needs and progress.
- Stay updated with current research and best practices in the field of speech-language pathology.
- Bachelor's degree in Speech-Language Pathology Assistant or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Certification as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or eligibility for certification.
- Valid Arizona license or eligibility for licensure as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant.
- Prior experience working with children or in an educational setting is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated passion for helping students overcome communication and language challenges.
If you are a motivated and passionate SLPA looking to make a difference in the lives of our students, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Account Executive| Soliant Health
470-286-1096| [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement