Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (SLPA) Opening Near Walnut Creek, CA | Full School Year
Walnut Creek, CA 22 days agoApply Now
Soliant is excited to announce an opportunity for a dedicated Speech Language Pathologist Assistant to join a thriving school district near Walnut Creek, California. This full-time position offers the chance to work with a dynamic team and make a positive impact on the speech and language development of students. If you are passionate about helping children reach their full communication potential and have experience in a school setting, we encourage you to apply. This position starts ASAP and continues through the end of the school year.
- Work closely with licensed Speech Language Pathologists to support the development and implementation of individualized treatment plans for students with communication disorders.
- Assist in conducting assessments and screenings to identify speech and language concerns.
- Provide direct support and interventions to students, both individually and in small groups, to improve their speech and language skills.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other educational professionals to ensure effective communication strategies are integrated into the classroom.
- Help create a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students, including those with speech and language needs.
- Document and track student progress, adjusting interventions as necessary to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Participate in IEP (Individualized Education Program) meetings and contribute valuable insights to the educational team.
- Support students in using augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices when needed.
- A valid Speech Language Pathologist Assistant license issued by the California Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board.
- Previous experience working in a school or educational setting is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- A passion for helping students of diverse backgrounds and abilities achieve their communication goals.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards related to speech and language therapy in schools.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, demonstrating flexibility and a commitment to professional growth.
- Enthusiasm for providing high-quality speech and language services to students in a school environment.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this position, or any other positions you see on the Soliant Health website.
Account Executive | Soliant Health
470.299.1183 | [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement