Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) - Middle School Hartford, Connecticut
Hartford, CT 13 days agoApply Now
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) for a position in a middle school in Hartford, Connecticut. The SLP will work with students in grades 5-8 and provide speech and language services to support their communication skills. The position can be either full-time or part-time, and the hours and days are flexible. The school hours are approximately from 7:15 am to 3:30 pm.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to evaluate students' speech and language abilities.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans and goals based on students' needs and IEP objectives.
- Provide direct speech and language therapy services to students, both individually and in small groups.
- Address a variety of communication disorders, including articulation, fluency, language, and pragmatic skills.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to support students' communication needs in the classroom and other school settings.
- Monitor and document student progress, adjusting intervention plans as needed.
- Participate in IEP meetings and provide input on students' speech and language goals and progress.
- Provide training and support to teachers and staff on strategies for facilitating students' communication skills.
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist in Connecticut.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is preferred.
- Previous experience working with school-age children, preferably in a middle school setting.
- Strong knowledge of speech and language disorders and evidence-based intervention strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of an educational team.
- Flexibility in scheduling to accommodate school hours and student needs.
If you are a passionate and qualified Speech-Language Pathologist seeking a full-time or part-time position in a middle school in Hartford, CT, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any supporting documentation through the designated application process.
Office: (678) 451-1025
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement