Summer Opening! Occupational Therapist (OT) Needed at Glenview, IL area school
Glenview, IL 4 days agoApply Now
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team for a short-term position at a school near Glenview, Illinois. This position offers a great opportunity to work with students ranging from Early Childhood to 6th grade, providing essential occupational therapy services. If you have a passion for supporting students' development and helping them achieve their fullest potential, we encourage you to apply!
- Job Title: Occupational Therapist
- Contract Type: Short-term, Temporary
- Duration: June 12th - June 30th
- Work Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Approximately 14 hours per week
- Start Time: 8:45 am
- End Time: 11:30 am (Flexible with days/hours)
Responsibilities: As an Occupational Therapist, you will be responsible for assessing, planning, and implementing occupational therapy services to students with a variety of needs. Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting comprehensive assessments to evaluate students' fine motor skills, sensory processing, visual-motor integration, and activities of daily living.
- Developing and implementing individualized therapy plans based on assessment results and in collaboration with the IEP team.
- Providing direct occupational therapy services to students, including interventions to improve fine motor skills, sensory processing, visual-motor coordination, self-care, and participation in school activities.
- Collaborating with teachers, parents, and other professionals to integrate therapy goals into the students' educational plans and activities.
- Monitoring and documenting students' progress, adjusting therapy plans as needed, and providing regular progress reports to parents and the IEP team.
- Offering guidance and support to teachers and staff to promote a sensory-friendly and inclusive environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Valid license to practice as an Occupational Therapist in Illinois.
- Experience working with children in a school setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of sensory integration techniques, fine motor skill development, and assistive technology.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this position, or any other positions you see on the Soliant Health website.
Account Executive | Soliant Health
470.299.1183 | [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement