Teacher for the Visually Impaired Position Open in Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh, PA 10 days agoApply Now
There is a school district in Pittsburgh, PA, considered highly reputable and well-established educational institution serving the diverse community, currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Teacher for the Visually Impaired to join our team.
Position Overview: As a Teacher for the Visually Impaired, you will play a crucial role in empowering students with visual impairments to achieve their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally. You will collaborate with students, parents, and a multidisciplinary team to develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) tailored to meet each student's unique needs. Your expertise will make a significant impact on the lives of visually impaired students, ensuring their educational success and fostering their independence.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of students with visual impairments to determine their educational needs.
- Develop and implement personalized educational plans (IEPs) based on individual student goals and objectives.
- Deliver specialized instruction in various subject areas, adapting teaching strategies to accommodate different learning styles and abilities.
- Provide instruction and support for students to develop essential skills such as braille reading and writing, orientation and mobility, independent living, and assistive technology use.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, support staff, and related service providers to promote inclusive practices and facilitate integration into mainstream classrooms.
- Regularly evaluate student progress, modify instructional strategies as needed, and maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Communicate effectively with parents and guardians regarding student progress, goals, and strategies for ongoing support.
- Stay updated on the latest research, methodologies, and assistive technologies related to visual impairment education.
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities, conferences, and workshops to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education or a related field (Special Education, Visual Impairment, or Blindness Education).
- Valid teaching certification for the Visually Impaired in the state of Pennsylvania (or eligibility for certification).
- Experience working with students with visual impairments, preferably in an educational setting.
- Proficiency in braille reading and writing, as well as knowledge of assistive technologies and adaptive devices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment for students with visual impairments.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and materials to meet individual student needs.
- Dedication to ongoing professional growth and development.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement savings plan with 401(k) options for long-term financial security.
- Professional support and mentoring opportunities to enhance teaching skills and career advancement.
- Access to a wide range of resources, materials, and assistive technologies.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Kelsy Williams for consideration.
Email Resume HERE!
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement