Teacher for the Visually Impaired (TVI) - Houston, TX - 23/24 School Year
Houston, TX 15 days agoApply Now
We are seeking a highly skilled and compassionate Teacher for the Visually Impaired. As a Teacher for the Visually Impaired, you will play a crucial role in providing specialized instruction and support to students with visual impairments, helping them develop the necessary skills to achieve academic success and independence. Your expertise and dedication will contribute to creating an inclusive learning environment that promotes equal opportunities for all students.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with visual impairments, considering their unique needs, abilities, and goals.
- Assess students' visual abilities and provide appropriate instructional strategies, materials, and technology to enhance their learning experiences.
- Teach and reinforce independent living skills, such as mobility, orientation, daily living activities, and personal management, to enhance students' self-sufficiency.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, parents, and other professionals to ensure effective integration and implementation of accommodations and modifications in the general education curriculum.
- Provide ongoing assessment and evaluation of student progress, adjusting instructional strategies and materials as needed to meet their changing needs.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages active engagement, promotes social interaction, and develops self-advocacy skills.
- Certification in visual impairment education is required.
- Previous experience working as a Teacher for the Visually Impaired or in a similar role is preferred but not required.
- Deep understanding of visual impairment, including various visual conditions and their implications on learning and development.
- Proficient knowledge of Braille, tactile graphics, and other alternative communication methods commonly used by visually impaired students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and other professionals.
- Empathy, patience, and the ability to create a supportive and nurturing environment for visually impaired students.
- Dedication to ongoing professional development and a commitment to staying up-to-date with best practices in the field.
Join our team as a Teacher for the Visually Impaired and make a meaningful impact on the lives of students with visual impairments, empowering them to reach their full potential academically, socially, and personally.
- Competitive hourly rates
- Weekly pay
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
For more information on our openings, please contact Cooper Weber at (678)-459-1147 or [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement