Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Position Open in Pittsfield, MA
Pittsfield , MA 7 days agoApply Now
We are currently seeking a talented and compassionate Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher to join our special education department. As a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher, you will play a crucial role in providing specialized instruction, support, and advocacy for students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing. Your expertise will contribute to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment, ensuring our students receive the highest quality education tailored to their unique needs.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, based on their specific learning goals, abilities, and needs.
- Provide direct instruction to students in a variety of subjects, adapting teaching strategies and materials to accommodate diverse learning styles and communication preferences.
- Utilize appropriate assistive technologies, visual aids, and other instructional resources to enhance learning experiences for students.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, support staff, and families to promote effective communication and ensure students' educational goals are met.
- Assess student progress regularly and adjust instructional strategies accordingly, providing timely feedback and support.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages student engagement, self-advocacy, and independence.
- Stay up to date with best practices, research, and developments in Deaf education and incorporate them into instructional planning.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or a related field.
- State certification or eligibility for certification as a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher.
- Strong knowledge of Deaf culture, American Sign Language (ASL), and different communication modalities used by individuals who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- Experience working with students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing in an educational setting.
- Proficiency in using assistive technologies and instructional tools specific to Deaf education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, families, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement savings plan with 401(k) options and employer matching contributions.
- Professional development opportunities and ongoing support to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment that values diversity and promotes teamwork.
If you are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and want to be part of a supportive educational community, we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Kelsy Williams for consideration.
Email Resume HERE!
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement