Soliant Health is working with a school district near Tacoma looking to hire a full-time teacher of the visually impaired. This position will be itinerant working a regular school schedule Monday through Friday. The TVI will be teaching servicing a K-12 caseload but conducting evaluations at the early childhood level.
- Washington State teaching certificate with Special Education endorsement.
- AER certification in O/M or eligible for certification.
- Dual certification O/M and Vision Teacher preferred.
- Certification in Braille Proficiency/knowledge of Braille.
- Demonstrated desire and ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, students and parents from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Participates as a member of the guidance team for special education and is a member of the IEP team.
- Works with the classroom teacher and other school staff to identify children with visual impairments.
- Conducts screening and assessment activities; writes reports on analysis of data.
- Coordinates assessment with other specialists as a function of multi-disciplinary team responsibilities.
- Utilizes diagnostic/prescriptive teaching skills.
- Develops individualized instructional programs by writing annual goals and short-term instructional objectives in all relevant areas including prevocational and vocational education.
- Coordinate program with classroom instruction; trains and supervises volunteer tutors, if appropriate.
- Develops special curriculum or modifies existing curriculum to meet needs of children.
- Maintains continuous records of individual student academic progress.
- Communicates learner objectives and progress to parents, teachers and administrators.
- Evaluates student achievement and program effectiveness on a continuing basis.
- Conducts above activities in accordance with all legal timelines and requirements.
- Participates in special education staff meetings, projects and other activities as directed
To inquire further about this position or other opportunities with Soliant, please contact Phillip Freeman at 678-459-1158 or email resume and references to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement