Soliant Health is working with a school district near Elk Plain, WA looking to hire a full-time teacher of the visually impaired.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Washington State teaching certificate with Special Education endorsement
- AER certification in O/M or eligible for certification
- Dual certification O/M and Vision Teacher preferred
- Certification in Braille Proficiency/knowledge of Braille
- Demonstrated desire and ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, students and parents from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Full-time contract
- 37.5 hours per week
- Participates as a member of the guidance team for special education and is a member of the IEP team.
- Works with the classroom teacher and other school staff to identify children with visual impairments.
- Conducts screening and assessment activities; writes reports on analysis of data.
- Coordinates assessment with other specialists as a function of multi-disciplinary team responsibilities.
- Utilizes diagnostic/prescriptive teaching skills.
- Develops individualized instructional programs by writing annual goals and short-term instructional objectives in all relevant areas including pre-vocational and vocational education.
- Coordinate program with classroom instruction; trains and supervises volunteer tutors, if appropriate.
- Develops special curriculum or modifies existing curriculum to meet needs of children.
- Maintains continuous records of individual student academic progress.
- Communicates learner objectives and progress to parents, teachers and administrators.
- Evaluates student achievement and program effectiveness on a continuing basis.
- Conducts above activities in accordance with all legal timelines and requirements.
- Participates in special education staff meetings, projects and other activities as directed.
To inquire further about this position or other opportunities with Soliant, please contact Phillip Freeman at 678-459-1158 or email resume and references to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement