Category Pharmacy - Clinical Pharmacist
Job Type Contract To Hire
We are urgently seeking a NY licensed IV/Chemo Pharmacist, who is ready to join our team of highly qualified specialists who prioritize patient care. This is a Temp-to-Hire position; mix schedule of days and afternoons. The ideal candidate would be patient-centered, and available to start ASAP. For immediate consideration, contact: [email protected] or call (281) 848-7414.
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Temp-to-Hire; Direct Hire
Schedule: Mix of days and afternoons.
Salary: $75 an hour; willing to consider experience when negotiating compensation package (Fulltime candidates are eligible for benefits)
- Reviews medications and patient medication profiles for possible interactions.
- Evaluates medication orders for appropriateness, including dosage, route, frequency, effectiveness, and cost.
- Checks for medication over/under utilization.
- Conducts medication history reviews, monitoring patient medicine profiles to ensure appropriateness based on factors such as age, indication for use, elimination parameters and other clinically relevant lab results.
- Adheres to formulary management principles, published guidelines, and approved protocols.
- Dispenses medications.
- Enters, verifies, compounds, and dispenses medications and IV's.
- Verifies accuracy of product preparation, compounding, and labeling to comply with current standards, laws, and hospital policy.
- Evaluates compatibilities between medications, IV solutions, and parenteral nutrition.
- May program and maintain pump technology and medication delivery devices.
- May oversee provision of and compatibility of supplies and equipment.
- Provides counseling and consultation.
- Provides medication education and patient care service.
- Provides direction, support, and training to Pharmacy team.
- Active New York Pharmacist License
- Must have at least two-year recent experience working in an inpatient/hospital pharmacy and chemo experience (NOT accepting retail experience).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement