Travel Contract: School-based Occupational Therapist, Detroit Lakes MN
Detroit Lakes, MN 13 days agoApply Now
Category Schools - OT
Job Type Contract
Calling on Minnesota-licensed Occupational Therapists who love working with children, and who want to explore new places! Soliant is working with a small school district in northern Minnesota and is seeking a travel OT for the upcoming school year.
Qualifications to be a traveler:
- Will you arrange temporary housing while on assignment, while maintaining another home address?
- Will you be commuting 50+ miles to work?
If so, you qualify for housing and/or meals stipends!
Details of contract:
- Next school year (180-185 school days)
- Hours of work: typically 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM, or 8 AM to 4 PM (in line with school schedule)
- School holidays or breaks are not paid
Scope of duties:
- Plan, implement and track therapy/activities that allow students to access their specialized instruction plans.
- Evaluate the potential and efficacy of Occupational therapy in areas such as: academic performance, fine and gross motor functioning, positioning, daily living skills, play/leisure skills, work skills, and sensory-motor activities.
- Propose a range of OT interventions in support of students' IEP (Individual Education Plan) goals; develop goals and report outcome to Special Education Team
- Assess students and recommend adaptations to allow students to access their program of specialized instruction.
- Maintain accurate records of therapy sessions and consultations
We seek candidates who are:
- Great communicators
- Confident clinicians who bring familiarity with the Special Education process
- Professional and accountable
- Able to maintain a range of responsibilities and prioritize accordingly
- Minnesota OT license
- Prior experience in school settings highly preferred
Interested? Please apply by using the form below, or contact Monica Guu with inquiries at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement