Travel Contract: School-based Speech-Language Pathologist, Juneau AK
Juneau, AK 26 days agoApply Now
Soliant is seeking an intrepid Speech-Language Pathologist (ASHA-certified OR Clinical Fellow) who wants to embark on a travel contract in Juneau, AK! Soliant has partnered with a school district, and we are setting up interviews for the upcoming school year.
Qualifications to be a traveler:
- Will you arrange temporary housing while on assignment, while maintaining another home address?
- Will you be commuting 50+ miles to work?
If so, you qualify for housing and/or meals stipends!
This is a District with which we have enjoyed a long-term work relationship--Soliant has placed many staff members over the years, and all of our travelers have enjoyed their time in gorgeous, rugged Alaska.
- Weekly contracted hours: 40 hours (for a 5-day work week)
- Openings available for elementary, middle or high school caseloads: reasonable consideration will be made for candidates' clinical preferences. (Please note that versatility and flexibility are also highly desired traits for contract therapists)
- Caseload numbers--40, with a variance of +/- 4 students
As a school-based SLP, duties include:
- Providing speech and/or language therapy to students identified with communication disorders.
- Maintaining accurate service records of students on caseload
- Evaluating students with suspected communication disorders; making recommendations for speech and language services as needed
- Providing comprehensive written report of observations, assessment results, and recommendations within the standards established by state guidelines
- Developing speech and language goals in Individualized Education Programs
- Developing integrated goals with other education staff for students with multiple or other disabilities.
- Consulting with school staff and parents on the inclusion of materials to support speech and language development, or other areas of curriculum related to speech and language.
- Participating in the Medicaid billing process for school-based services as directed.
We seek candidates who are:
- Professional and accountable
- Flexible and solution-oriented
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Alaska SLP license (reimbursements available for new applicants)
Interested? Please apply by using the form below, or contact Monica Guu with inquiries at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement