Position: Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated Teacher of the Visually Impaired to join our team. This position includes both ESY and the upcoming regular school year.
Key details about the position
- Dates for ESY: July 5th - July 28th
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
During the ESY, the schedule is set and full-time. However, during the regular school year (NSY), teachers of the visually impaired have the flexibility to set their own schedule based on the needs of their caseload.
Responsibilities of the Teacher of the Visually Impaired may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direct instruction to students with visual impairments, including instruction in orientation and mobility, Braille, adaptive technology, and other specialized skills.
- Collaborating with educational teams to develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with visual impairments.
- Assessing students' educational needs and progress, and adjusting instruction accordingly.
- Providing consultation and support to general education teachers and other school staff to ensure inclusive educational experiences for students with visual impairments.
- Utilizing appropriate instructional strategies, materials, and technologies to support students' learning and access to the curriculum.
- Promoting independent living skills, social skills, and self-advocacy for students with visual impairments.
- Collaborating with families to support their involvement in their child's education and provide resources and strategies for home-based learning.
During the regular school year, the position will likely transition to full-time, with a set caseload for the year.
- Weekly Paycheck
- Competitive Compensation
- Insurance offered: Health, Vison, Dental
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply below with your updated resume. Once applied, more information will be provided. From there, you will be given next steps for the hiring process. Feel free to reach out to me directly at my office number at 678-327-0985.
Looking forward to speaking!
Ericka Hughes, Recruiter
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement