Soliant Schools is searching for an experienced Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for a contract virtual position in Nevada. They are looking for an Experienced Deaf Education Teacher to add to their team, however, new graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply. This is a part-time position.
The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program teaches individuals with hearing disabilities, providing a program and instruction to promote cognitive, academic, communication and language, behavioral and social, and physical development. You will provide educational support to students within the district who are deaf or hearing impaired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will work 1:1 with 2 moderate to severe students
- Assist with ELA
- Does not include case managing
- Both students have facilitators
- Participates in professional growth activities such as conferences, classes, staff meetings and visitations.
- Meets with parents on a regular basis to review student progress and works on individual education-related needs.
- Works closely with other members of the program staff to develop and maintain curriculum and standards.
- Participates in transition plans for students moving to other environments.
- Works cooperatively with personnel from the student's district of residence and/or outside agencies providing service to the student and family.
- 5-10 hours per week (1 or 2 hours per day), Monday- Friday
- Bell schedule is determined by school district
- Nevada Deaf Education License
- Now accepting candidates with pending license
- Preferred: Previous experience working as a Teacher of the Deaf in a public school
- Must have ASL Experience
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field
Candidates who meet requirements will be considered. Send an updated resume with references to [email protected] or call (470) 571-3884 after applying. For more information on Soliant or the positions available, please call the number above.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement