Virtual, Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) in Nevada
Job Description: As a Virtual Sign Language Interpreter, you will play a crucial role in facilitating communication between individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing and hearing individuals in various virtual settings. Using your expertise in American Sign Language (ASL) and interpreting, you will ensure effective and accurate communication in virtual meetings, classes, events, and other situations. This position requires the ability to work remotely and deliver services through virtual platforms.
- Full time and part-time positions for the 23-24 school year
- Provide virtual sign language interpretation services for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing in various virtual settings.
- Facilitate communication between hearing individuals and individuals who use sign language.
- Interpret spoken language into American Sign Language (ASL) and vice versa, maintaining accuracy and cultural sensitivity.
- Adapt interpreting style and approach based on the needs of the individuals involved and the context of the communication.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to professional standards and ethical guidelines for interpreting.
- Continuously develop and enhance your ASL and interpreting skills through ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Stay updated on the latest technology and platforms used in virtual interpreting.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) is preferred but not required.
- Must have EIPA score of 4.0 and written OR written EIPA and RID
- Needs NV interpreter certification
- Proven experience in sign language interpretation, preferably in a virtual or remote setting.
- Strong knowledge of deaf culture and the ability to navigate various communication styles and preferences.
- Proficiency in using virtual platforms and technology for remote interpreting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with diverse individuals and establish rapport.
- Ability to adapt to different subject matters and situations, including educational, medical, legal, and business settings.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information appropriately.
- 1099 contract position with liability insurance.
This position is available to be filled immediately. For questions/consideration, please contact Monsie Montecinos directly or send the most recent copy of your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement