CVOR RN Jobs
Soliant has cardiovascular operating room nurse jobs across all 50 states. Whether you’re looking for travel, per diem or permanent CVOR jobs, we have you covered.
When you join the Soliant team for your next CVOR nursing assignment, you’ll enjoy great pay, a full benefits package and enviable extras like a matching 401(k), discount purchase plan and a variety of incentive programs. Plus, you’ll enjoy the luxury of a completely flexible schedule.
Explore our cardiovascular operating room nurse jobs and apply today! Your CVOR nursing career options can be virtually endless with Soliant.
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse Job Duties
A CVOR RN specializes in the care of cardiovascular patients before, during and following surgical procedures.
What does a CVOR nurse do?
CVOR RN job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sedation of patients.
- Assisting the physicians during the procedure by administering medications, monitoring vital signs and applying dressings.
- Coordinating the entire operating room when it comes to sterilizing, cleanliness and availability of equipment and supplies.
- Providing critical quality control to ensure patient safety.
- Performing administrative duties such as ordering supplies, updating patient files and taking inventory.
- Taking care of patients after surgery.
CVOR Nursing Requirements
To qualify for cardiovascular operating room nurse jobs, candidates must be an RN with BSN preferred. Nurses need to have operating room experience before moving into the CVOR job specialty. Many CVOR nursing positions require RNs to have Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. In addition, many CVOR jobs prefer an RN to hold the CNOR Certification for perioperative nurses from the Competency & Credentialing Institute, the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification (ACLS) and/or the Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS) from the American Heart Association.
- Minimum 1-2 years of operating room experience
- Have Basic Life Support Certification; prefer CNOR, ACLS and/or PALS Certifications
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure patient safety and quality monitoring
- Strong organizational skills needed to coordinate care across the CVOR
CVOR RN Job Market & Salary
Based on location and experience, cardiovascular operating room nurse jobs employ some of the highest-paid nurses on the market.
Plus, with job growth of 9% over the next 10 years, this career option has unprecedented demand.
Nurses who pursue higher education for CVOR nursing to become certified for a CVOR RN job can raise their wages and earn a higher living rate. Most cardiovascular operating room nurse jobs offer excellent salaries, full benefits, free travel reimbursement and liability insurance.
Start searching our wide range of CVOR nursing jobs below today—or you can submit your resume above to request a hiring manager to discuss available options!