Chula Vista, CA: Elementary School SLP (Speech-Language Pathologist)
Chula Vista, CA 5 days agoApply Now
Calling on Speech-Language Pathologists (Clinical Fellows AND SLP-CCC) based in the south San Diego area and who enjoy working with a diverse student community!
Soliant has partnered with a moderately sized school district near Chula Vista, and is seeking a full-time contractor for this school year.
Applicants will be working K-6 students, ranging from General Education populations to children with moderate-severe disabilities, and primary responsibilities as follows:
- Assess students referred for possible speech and language needs.
- Provide individual and/or group therapy sessions for students with identified speech and language disorders.
- Develop individualized education plans and present them to parents, school administrators, and others involved with student evaluations.
- Consult with teachers, counselors, parents, nurses, and administrators on speech and language concerns.
- Maintain accurate records for all students on the caseload.
- Provide reports of a student’s progress to parents.
- Organize student caseload and develop a schedule for each assigned school.
- Develop resource materials for use in speech and language development.
We seek candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication
- Solid organization
- Up-to-date knowledge of California Special Education procedures and best practices for SLPs in school settings
- Professionalism and accountability
- California SLP license OR
- Clinical Rehabilitative Services credential, issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
Sound like a good opportunity? Apply today by using the form below, or contact Monica Guu with questions at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement