Category Schools - SLP
Job Type Contract
Calling on Speech-Language Pathologists based in East Peoria, IL, and seeking the flexibility of a part- or full-time contract assignment in a school setting!
Soliant is working with a local school, and is seeking applicants to work with elementary school-aged students.
Scope of duties include:
- Assessing students referred for possible speech and language needs.
- Providing individual and/or group therapy sessions for students with identified speech and language disorders.
- Developing individualized education plans and presenting them to parents, school administrators, and others involved with student evaluations.
- Consulting with teachers, counselors, parents, nurses, and administrators on speech and language concerns.
- Maintaining accurate records for all students on the caseload.
- Providing reports of a student’s progress to parents.
- Organizing student caseload and developing a schedule for each assigned school.
- Developing resource materials for use in speech and language development.
We seek candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication
- Solid organization
- Up-to-date knowledge of Nevada Special Education procedures and best practices for SLPs in school settings
- Professionalism and accountability
- Illinois SLP license
- Speech-Language Pathologist endorsement on the PEL (Professional Educators License)
- This certification can be processed relatively quickly for candidates who are ASHA certified, and who hold a license from another state
- For clinical fellows, the licensing authority will require completion of subject area tests, and verification of at least 150 internship hours in a school setting
Sound like a good opportunity? Apply today by using the form below, or contact Monica Guu with questions at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Paycheck
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Extensive Medical Coverage
- Licensing Assistance
- Custom Housing
- Travel Assistance
- Professional Development Reimbursement