Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse Jobs
Soliant has cardiovascular operating room nurse (CVOR) jobs across all 50 states. Whether you’re looking for travel, per diem or permanent operating room jobs, we have you covered.
When you join the Soliant team for your next CVOR nurse assignment, you’ll enjoy great pay, a full benefits package and enviable extras like a matching 401(k), discount purchase plan and a variety of incentive programs. Plus, you’ll enjoy the luxury of a completely flexible schedule.
Apply today! Your career options can be virtually endless with Soliant.
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse Duties
A CVOR nurse specializes in the care of cardiovascular patients before, during and following surgical procedures.
These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sedation of patients
- Assisting the physicians during the procedure by administering medications, monitoring vital signs and applying dressings.
- Coordinating the entire operating room when it comes to sterilizing, cleanliness and availability of equipment and supplies.
- Providing critical quality control to ensure patient safety.
- Perform administrative duties such as ordering supplies, updating patient files and taking inventory.
- Taking care of patients after surgery.
CVOR Nurse Requirements
To be a Cardiovascular Operating Nurse, candidates must be an RN with BSN preferred. CVOR nurses need to have operating room experience before moving into the cardiovascular specialty. According to RegisteredNursing.Org, many CVOR nursing positions require RNs to have Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. In addition, many CVOR nursing job openings prefer an RN to hold the CNOR Certification for perioperative nurses from the Competency & Credentialing Institute, the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification (ACLS) and/or the Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS) from the American Heart Association.
- Minimum 1-2 years of operating room experience
- Have Basic Life Support Certification; prefer CNOR, ACLS and/or PALS Certifications
- Excellent attention to ensure patient safety and quality monitoring
- Strong organizational skills needed to coordinate care across the CVOR
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse Salary & Job Market
Based on location and experience, CVOR nurses are some of the highest-paid nurses on the market.
Plus, with job growth of 9% over the next 10 years, this career option has unprecedented demand.
Nurses who pursue higher education to become certified as a CVOR nurse can raise their wages and earn a higher living rate. Most cardiovascular operating room nurses enjoy excellent salaries, full benefits, free travel reimbursement and liability insurance.
Start searching our wide range of CVOR nursing jobs below or you can submit your resume above to request a hiring manager to reach out and discuss available options!